The New Sweden Historical Society was organized in 1925 and has since acquired the Capitolium Museum, which burnt down in 1971 but was rebuilt by 1974, the Capitol School Museum and the Captain Clase House, which it is currently in the process of renovating.
In addition preserving New Sweden's physical history the Society also helps administer the community's many events and festivals celebrating the Swedish immigrant tradition that is so important there.
Selected New Sweden Historical Society images:
- Violin, Double Sided
- Wolf and Caribou Carving On Pipe
- William Thomas appointment case, ca. 1890
- Portrait of William W. Thomas
- William W. Thomas, New Sweden, ca. 1900
- Wooden Flute
- Wooden flute, New Sweden, ca. 1890
- German pipe, New Sweden, ca. 1870
- Nils E. Olson
- Bangor & Aroostook Railroad Station, New Sweden, ca. 1930
- Ski Jumper, New Sweden, ca. 1935